China DUO promotes exchange of students between Flanders and China. In this respect, it requires that a pair (two persons) of students will be exchanged in the framework of a cooperative project.
- Graduate (Master) students who are currently enrolled in a higher education institution in Flanders.
- All applicants should maintain their “student status” from the time of application until the end of the exchange period.
- A higher education institution in Flanders (home institution) and an educational institution in China (host institution) have established an academic cooperative agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement.
- The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the Chinese partner university cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges.
- The Flemish home institution has selected a Flemish student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Chinese host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Chinese host institution. A Flemish student is defined as a student from any nationality, subscribed in a Flemish Higher Education Institution; and the same Chinese host institution has selected a Chinese student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Flemish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Flemish home institution.
Duration: The duration of exchange should be at least one semester or maximal 10 months.
The Chinese host offers:
- Scholarship: 1700 RMB / month for a master’s student
- Exemption from registration fees
- Basic equipment textbooks
Paid by the Flemish Community:
- International travel (return)
To consult the International Relations & Mobility Office of VUB:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +32 2 614 81 01